One of the most reliable, and my favorite spot in New Jersey to see flocks of Snow Bunting and Horned Lark, is during late fall/winter in the Boat Launch parking lot at Spruce Run. Right off of Van Syckel’s Road, in Clinton New Jersey, the gravel parking lot at the end of the boat ramp road is a perfect spot to find foraging flocks of the birds as they pick through the it’s contents. The surrounding sandy areas around the parking lot also are good spots to look. Always keep an eye out for the odd gull or Grebe and American Pipit as well. Six years running these guys have shown for me.
Recent Flickr Photos
Calendar of Posts
- Whiskered Tern! – Cape May – September 12th, 2014
- Mourning Warbler – Garret Mountain August 18th, 2014
- Kirtland’s Warbler! Grayling, Michigan – May 17th, 2014
- Magee Marsh – Oak Harbor, Ohio – May 15th-17th, 2014
- Garret Mountain – Olive-sided Flycatcher, Blackburnian Warblers and Migrants – Least Bittern